Please email Laura Nordgren as soon as possible if you'd like to volunteer.
Station Assistant: help deliver station programming or assist presenter (25-30)
General Help: Answer questions, direct traffic, help as needed (10)
Set Up/Tear Down: Pretty self-explanatory (6)
Registration/Community Service Area: Help check in troops, organize community service items. (6)
11:15 AM Volunteer Orientation/Check In (Ground Level)
12:30-1:00pm Check-In – (Ground Level)
1:00-1:30 Opening ceremonies – 1 st Floor Rotunda (viewing available from 2nd, 3rd and 4th floor)
1:30-3:30 pm Activities – throughout 1st, 2nd and 3rd floor
3:30-3:45 pm Closing ceremonies – Outside on Capitol Steps
3:30-4:00 pm Station Clean up
Here are the Activities that will be throughout the Capitol
1. Scavenger Hunt: Revised scavenger Hunt based on state symbols
2. Legislative Panel: 8- 15 minute sessions where girls get to learn about what is means to be an elected official, what the branch of government does, etc.
3. Taking a Vote: 6- 20 minute session where girls get to vote on an issue on the house floor.
4. The Campaign Trail: Girls learn what it looks like to work on someone’s campaign.
5. Voting- General Election: Girls learn the voting process, polling place, filling out voter registration card, completing ballot.
6. Take A Stand: Girls meet an activist, learn about using their voice to create positive change, create posters for Freedom March
7. STEM activity- Girls will create a STEM SWAP or activity
8. Be A Good Neighbor- Girls will create thank you cards to go with our Personal Care items to the VA